Administrative Assistant/Office Assistant/Public Relations/Customer Service
To Whom it May Concern-
I am interested in a position that not only challenges me, but also allows me to grow and work as part of a detail-oriented team with tasks and responsibilities centered around office administration, public relations, and customer service. It is exciting to have an opportunity to pursue a new job in this field.
Since 2005, I have worked for the University of South Carolina in the field of psychological research providing office administration and oversight across several health-related grants funded by the National Institutes of Health. These responsibilities included participant recruitment, team/database management, and various clerical duties such as scheduling, inventory, timeline maintenance, and organizing goal-centric agendas for weekly meetings. Possessing strong customer service and interaction skills led to the development of nearly a decade's worth of community relationships across South Carolina to recruit eligible families for our health programs. My experience in research has taught me the importance of accuracy, patience, and flexibility while working under strict deadlines and maintaining proper protocol.
Additionally, for almost the last four years, I have worked as part of the creative team behind Post-Echo, an independent multimedia record label and production group based in the Southeast representing over ten artists in the field of music and visual arts. Founded by myself and partner, Justin Schmidt, Post-Echo aims to provide new music and interactive multimedia content to create a unique listening experience. Since 2011, the company has brought to market distribution over twenty albums on digital, CD, and vinyl as well as produced over two dozen music and promotional videos and one feature-length film to heighten artist and brand recognition. Functioning as primary oversight for the label, I have coordinated all PR campaigns, press releases, copy revisions, photo shoots, live events, sales, and general artist representation. A recurring theme that unites all of my responsibilities at Post-Echo is communication. Maintaining an effective correspondence between artists and my team while facilitating an accurate, up-to-date social media presence is important to both artist relevancy and brand establishment.
Your position affords me the opportunity to further develop my skill-set while effectively contributing to a team. I look forward to learning more on how I can be of support.
To utilize my experience and skills in office administration, public relations, digital media, and customer service to contribute to the success and growth of a team.
University of South Carolina, Psychology Department
Measurement Coordinator/Assistant Project Director
Provided administrative oversight and clerical support for research funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that aimed to promote health outcomes in underserved populations.
- Promoting the aims of each grant under strict deadlines
- Data and Recruitment Team management and office oversight
- Preparation of office correspondence (drafting, proofreading) and protocol
- Developed goal-setting agendas and weekly reports at team meetings
- Coordinated public relations and field work as primary liaison to develop sustainable
community relationships for project recruitment
- Administered telephone recruitment with potential families for various health-related
programs (cold calls included)
- Interview and enrollment duties for eligible participants
- Organized and maintained documents of participant confidentiality
- Data collection and database management via Microsoft Excel and Access, can type
60+ WPM. Proficient in Outlook
- Appointment scheduling, retention, tracking, and technical support
- Hiring and training of personnel in areas of recruitment and anthropometrics
- Development of social media and web presence
- Event planning and coordination to heighten brand establishment
- Survey administration and development
- Management and distribution of participant's monetary incentive
Planned and created an independent multimedia record label (Post-Echo.com) to identify rising talent and provide resources, guidance, and creative development.
- Worked with artists and bands to establish successful brand identities and individualized strategies for promotional marketing.
- Brought over 20 albums from numerous artists to market distribution
- Coordinated label-wide promotional efforts including social media and web presence, audience engagement, press campaigns, live events, video productions, and radio performances.
- Facilitated collaboration among artists to produce creative multimedia to heighten brand establishment and artist exposure
- Partnered with like-minded companies to launch new, innovative products as well as host and oversee logistics of live events
- Handled management and distribution of finances between artist and label
- Filmed and edited promotional material for each artist’s respective press release including live recordings and music videos
Fake Plastic Tunes
Co-developed a highly trafficked west coast-based music website specializing in artist reviews, interviews, and on-site photojournalism.
- Provided oversight for writing staff to ensure deadlines were properly met
- Coordinated social media presence
- Assisted in the development of a west coast zine to heighten brand establishment
- Submitted weekly articles and monthly reviews of albums
- Provided live coverage of events and festivals via live video and photography (Moogfest, Pitchfork Music Festival, Lollapalooza)
- Conducted monthly interviews with international musicians and artists
A.C. Flora High School, Richland District One
Junior Varsity Baseball Coach, Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach
Provided coaching, development and leadership to over 35 athletes (age 13-18).
- Winner of the 2007 3A State Championship
- Winner of the 2008 3A Lower State Championship
Rock Hill, SC (2001-2004)
Studied English Literature and Mass Communication.
A.C. Flora High School
Columbia, SC (1997-2001)
Notable Research Projects Include:
Project FIT (Families Improving Together)
(R01 HD072153; Wilson PI; NIH/NICHD)
Measurement Coordinator (2012-2014)
Project PATH (Positive Action for Today's Health)
Improving Safety and Access for Physical Activity
(R01 DK067615; Wilson PI; NIH/NIDDK)
Assistant Measurement Coordinator (2009-2011)
Research Assistant (2008)
Improving Safety and Access for Physical Activity- Supplement
(R01 DK067615-03S1A1; Wilson PI; NIH/NIDDK)
Research Team Leader (2008-2010)
Social Context and Motivation in Minority Youth Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
(F31 DK086358; Lawman PI; NIH/NIDDK)
Assistant Measurement Coordinator (2010-2012)
A Parent Intervention for Improving Physical Activity and Diet in Adolescents
(F31 HD066944; St. George PI; NIH/NIDDK)
Assistant Measurement Coordinator (2010-2012)
Project ACT (Active by Choice Today)
Self-Determination for Increasing Physical Activity
(R01 HD045693-02; PI: Wilson, Ph.D; NIH/NICHD)
Assistant Measurement Coordinator (2009-2010)
Research Assistant (2005-2009)
Notable Creative Projects:
Developed partnerships with local manufacturers to provide the entire Post-Echo music catalogue on customized made-to-order 10” vinyl (Build-Your-Own-Record).
SXSW SOCIAL MEDIA COLLAGE
Partnered with Charlotte’s Shuffle Magazine to create a social media collage depicting the real-time experiences of a group of Post-Echo artists traveling to Austin, Texas to perform at the SXSW music festival.
Wrote and coordinated a collaborative multimedia graphic novel featuring music from the Post-Echo artist roster.
Wrote, edited, and directed an interactive feature-length multimedia film/ music video to heighten brand and artist exposure for Post-Echo.
Wrote and co-directed a full-length original play for Winthrop University.