DIANE L. BLACK
313 Stamford Bridge Road
Columbia, SC 29212
I am seeking a full time, long term secretarial/paralegal position in a litigation or foreclosure law firm or a suitable clerical position where my many years of experience can contribute to mutual growth and success.
Midlands Technical College, Columbia, SC
Associates Degree in Legal Secretarial Science, 1976
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Korn Law Firm / Butler & Hosch, P.A. 9/15/14 - 2/27/15
* Manager for the foreclosure department overseeing the daily functions of that department.
* Peparation of hearing letters, hearing packages, HUD Occupancy letters.
* Assisting other employees regarding the general cradle to grave foreclosure procedures.
Weston Adams Law Firm 2/11/93 - 9/5/14
Extensive knowledge of South Carolina foreclosure laws and practices.
Leadership and training capabilities.
Excellent typing and communication skills.
* All client billing.
* Forwarding Notices of Sale for publication.
* Preparation and filing of Orders of Reference and Affidavits of Default.
* Scheduling foreclosure hearings.
* Preparation of foreclosure hearing packages
* All foreclosure sale related duties including obtaining bidding instructions, preparing bids, forwarding bidding instructions to the bidder, reporting sale results to clients.
* Preparation of foreclosure sale compliance packages including Deeds, Satisfactions of Mortgage, Reports on Sale and any necessary Assignments of Bid.
* Recording all foreclosure deeds.
* Preparation and recording warranty deeds.
* Preparation and filing of deficiency orders.
* Preparation and submission of VA/FHA Final Title Packages.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
SELF-EMPLOYED 1986 -1993
* Transcribed transcripts for various court reporting services.
SINKLER & BOYD 1982-1986
Columbia, SC 29201
* Secretarial/Administrative Assistant for two litigation attorneys.
TURNER, PADGET, GRAHAM & LANEY 1976-1982
Columbia, SC 29201
* Receptionist , then Secretary/Administrative Assistant for two litigation attorneys.
Former Human Resources Manager and Accountant for Weston Adams Law Firm
Brock & Scott, P.A.
Florence County Special Referee
Chiquota McCloud Scott
Former Human Resources Manager for Butler & Hosch, P.A.